NJ Real ID and Questions- NOW May 3 2023

We know that in order to get through airport security, you need one of the following forms of identification Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)

    • U.S. passport
    • U.S. passport card
    • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
    • U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
    • Permanent resident card
    • Border crossing card
    • State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
    • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation worker identification credential
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

Effective 05/03/23 your present NJ DL will not be accepted IF YOU PLAN ON USING A NJ D/L, YOU NEED TO GET IT REPLACED WITH WHAT IS KNOWN AS “REAL ID” More information on obtaining REAL ID can be found at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id and by watching the video!

Back To Top